James Lucas Resume
James Lucas is a versatile Marketing Professional with 20+ years of design experience across retail, consumer electronics, printing/publishing, and financial industries. Provided complete design, layout, and production oversight for industry-leading companies including MetLife, J. Crew, Citi, and Price Waterhouse. Proven ability to conceptualize and implement innovative multimedia design solutions consistent with company vision, mission, and brand. Demonstrated ability to work independently and excel in fast-paced, team-focused environment. James has a solid track record of managing complex projects from concept through completion and delivering on deadline.
▪ Mac-based applications
▪ Layout & typography
▪ Print media & direct mail
▪ Desktop publishing & printing
▪ Website design & graphics
▪ Social media marketing
Mac OSX ▪ QuarkXpress ▪ Adobe PhotoShop Illustrator ▪ FileMaker Pro ▪ Adobe Flash ▪ Fireworks ▪ Dreamweaver ▪ xData ▪ WordPress ▪ HTML ▪ Social Media ▪ Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
Senior Associate, Graphics: June 2005–November 2014
Mondrian Investment Partners, Ltd., Philadelphia, PA
International investment firm managing $64 billion in assets for global institutional client base.
- Consult with company and departmental leaders and other internal stakeholders to assess project requirements; develop campaign strategies, budgets, and timelines to meet objectives.
- Effectively collaborate with in-house team of 6 designers to direct multiple projects simultaneously and ensure consistency of branding and strategy across all designs.
- Create sales books and presentations to support client service officers to present and potential clients and drive business expansion. Increased sales by 170% over seven years.
- Earned reputation for ability to work effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Streamlined workflow and increased productivity by generating technology-based solutions to challenges; created Excel, Word, and xData scripts to automate correction process for repeating errors.
- Used xData at Mondiran Investment Partners to increase speed and lower mistakes on sales presentations saving the company $100,000 a year in employee costs.
- Help coworkers understand process of producing books to increase productivity.
Consulting Graphic Designer: April 1999–June 2005
Recruited by major technology and financial management companies including Panasonic, Dow Jones, MetLife, Bloomberg, The Wiz, and Merrill Lynch to provide graphic design expertise.
- Strong visual-thinker with ability to realize esthetic designs across mediums; provided creative solutions for Panasonic, handling all internal graphic needs from concept through delivery.
- Played key role in optimizing layout for Wall Street Journal; utilized expertise in composition and electronic pre-press processes to create and test scripts, which decreased layout time of newspaper.
Design Coordinator: April 1996–April 1999
Quick & Reilly, Inc., New York, NY
Major provider of asset management and financial consulting services.
- Independently oversaw development and execution of internal and external design projects by creating direct mail campaigns, and collateral print. Saved company $180,000 over three years.
Partner / Producer and Director: 2011–Present
From A to Vegan
From A to Vegan strives to share perspectives about veganism in the 21st century. From food to fashion, leisure to sustainability, our goal is to provide noteworthy and useful information to anyone thinking about or currently leading a life free of animal products. I work on directing, producing, and editing videos. I sets up interviews with people in the vegan community and write articles for site. I use Facebook and Twitter to increase readership by 50%.
Owner / Graphic Designer: 1998–2013
Independently founded and built successful company designing and marketing eco-friendly surf apparel and home decor to promote and support the surfing community. I use Facebook and Twitter to increase sales by 20%
Master of Business Administration / Marketing Concentration: November 2012
Keller Graduate School of Management, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Arts in Art / Graphic Design Emphasis
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
Member, American Marketing Association: 2011–Present
Secretary, DeVry University Marketing Club: 2011
Vice President, Artsbridge: 2002–2004
Independent nonprofit organization dedicated to improving public accessibility to the arts through education, exhibition, and performance. Foster communication and support within local, state, and regional artistic community.